Highlight is that there aren’t any as everything for the next three months has either been cancelled or postponed! Sorry.
There won’t be any monthly MASC meetings for the foreseeable future either.
It won’t surprise you that the MASC committee has decided that in the light of the current coronavirus crisis it is deemed appropriate to follow current Government advice and to limit social interaction as a club. All club activities such as monthly/weekly meets, attendance at shows and other activities where MASC is being represented as a club are to be suspended until further notice. It is felt that this is a responsible action for MASC to take to protect its members and other people in the community with whom the club come into contact with.
• * CANCELLED * Sunday 22nd March 2020: Silverstone Social Classic Car Meet at Turweston Aerodrome. SSCCM do have another event booked for the same venue on Sunday 11th October.
• * CANCELLED * 27th to 29th March 2020: Practical Classics Car & Restoration Show.
• * CANCELLED * Drive It Day 2020 is on Sunday 26th April. Hughenden Manor have said that they are closed for the forseable future. Advice from FBHVC is that the event cannot be re-scheduled but that clubs can adopt an alternative plan for the day. I particularly like their suggestion that: “there seems no reason why individual enthusiasts could not take their vehicles out for a drive on Drive it Day, waving to each other from a discrete distance, so long as that drive avoids physical social contact.” Read their full statement here: https://www.fbhvc.co.uk/news/article/driveitday2020
• * RE-SCHEDULED * Sunday 10th May 2020 – Classics at Prescott. Now moved to the weekend of 19th/20th September. More information to follow.
• * IN DOUBT * Sunday 28th June 2020: Lanes Run in conjunction with Central Area. Brixworth Country Park have said that they have been asked to suspend all public meetings for the foreseeable future. More details to follow.
• Thursday 16th July 2020: Our monthly meeting will be relocated to The Shoulder of Mutton at Calverton near Stony Stratford so that we can meet up with the Home Counties North West Area again. We will rendezvous in Towcester to leave by 7pm to travel down the A5 to the pub.
• 17th to 19th July 2020: TYRE Fest, Ashbourne, Derbyshire. We have been invited to this three day event by the MASC Younger Members. There is a tour of the Peak District on the Saturday and Rachel and I will be staying with friends in the area who run small B&B on Friday and Saturday nights. This B&B has two rooms available if others would also like to make a weekend of it. See www.stationhousebedandbreakfast.co.uk for more details.
• Sunday 2nd August 2020: Abingdon Works Show, British Motor Museum, Gaydon. Sounds like the sort of thing that we would like so we should go!
Please let me know if you would like any further details on any of the above or if you are aware of other relevant events that others might be interested in attending.