We discussed a few upcoming events at our MASC Area meeting last night and these are outlined below in addition to the ones I’ve previously mentioned.
Importantly, a destination for this year’s Drive It Day was agreed, see below.
• * UPDATE * Sunday 22nd March 2020: Silverstone Social Classic Car Meet at Turweston Aerodrome. First event of the year for SSCCM. A relaxed meeting catering for all classics. Open from 10am to 1pm. We have our own pitch so we can park together. Let me know if you’re planning to attend so that I can ensure our pitch is big enough to accommodate us all – currently it’s for five cars. I may not have my car back together in time but I will still attend the event and take our Area flag for someone to use.
• 27th to 29th March 2020: Practical Classics Car & Restoration Show. MASC will have a stand, please show your support. I will be on the stand on the Friday.
• * UPDATE * Drive It Day 2020 is on Sunday 26th April. We will be going to Hughenden Manor, a National Trust property near High Wycombe in Buckinghamshire. Plan is to meet up in Towcester for a 10.30am departure and then take a cross-country route to the property.
• * UPDATE * Sunday 10th May 2020 – Classics at Prescott. Full details at: http://www.classicsatprescott.com/copy-of-saturday-drive-the-hill. There are currently four of our group who will be attending and we’re aiming to travel to Prescott in convoy at least for some of the journey. If you want to attend, reserve a place for the static display via the link above. Please let me know if you’ve done this so I’ve got an idea of numbers. Hopefully we can all park together when we get to Prescott. There will be members from other MASC Areas attending including a large group from Bristol.
• Saturday/Sunday 30th/31st May 2020: Nottingham Autokarna at Wollaton Park. We’ve been invited to attend by the Notts & Derby MASC Group. We would need to pre-book.
• * UPDATE * Sunday 28th June 2020: Lanes Run in conjunction with Central Area. Plan is for two Areas to meet up at Sharnford and follow a scenic route ending at Brixworth Country Park. More details to follow.
• Sunday 5th July 2020: Silverstone Social Exclusive visit Fuzz Townshend’s Classic Oils at Bicester Heritage. SSCCM have a number of events planned for 2020 and this caught my eye. There are also two gatherings at Turweston Aerodrome (Sunday 22nd March and Sunday 11th October) together with events at various venues around the county. Check out ‘Silverstone Social Events’ on Facebook for more details.
• * NEW * Thursday 16th July 2020: Our monthly meeting will be relocated to The Shoulder of Mutton at Calverton near Stony Stratford so that we can meet up with the Home Counties North West Area again. We will rendezvous in Towcester to leave by 7pm to travel down the A5 to the pub.
• * NEW * 17th to 19th July 2020: TYRE Fest, Ashbourne, Derbyshire. We have been invited to this three day event by the MASC Younger Members. There is a tour of the Peak District on the Saturday and Rachel and I will be staying with friends in the area who run small B&B on Friday and Saturday nights. This B&B has two rooms available if others would also like to make a weekend of it. See www.stationhousebedandbreakfast.co.uk for more details.
• * NEW * Sunday 2nd August 2020: Abingdon Works Show, British Motor Museum, Gaydon. Sounds like the sort of thing that we would like so we should go!
Please let me know if you would like any further details on any of the above or if you are aware of other relevant events that others might be interested in attending.