We discussed a few upcoming events at our meeting last night and these are outlined below in addition to the ones I’ve previously mentioned.
The idea of a ‘fettling day’ was suggested where we could draw on the experience, tools and resources within the group to work on each others’ cars or to get help with ongoing issues. Let me know whether this is something you would like to take part in. Also get in touch if you can suggest a suitable venue – a vehicle workshop would be ideal but any large covered space with sufficient parking would suffice for simple tasks.
• Drive It Day 2020 is on Sunday 26th April. MASC normally have several runs planned. More details as they become available.
• 8th to 10th May 2020 – Heart of England Area are planning a weekend run to The International Bomber Command Centre in Lincoln over the VE Day 75th celebration weekend. Their outline plan is for a two or three day run staying in one hotel in or near Lincoln. There may be scope for us just to join them for part of this, perhaps in conjunction with other MASC areas.
• * NEW * Saturday/Sunday 30th/31st May 2020: Nottingham Autokarna at Wollaton Park. We’ve been invited to attend by the Notts & Derby MASC Group. We would need to pre-book.
• Sunday 28th June 2020: Lanes Run in conjunction with Central Area. Plan is for two Areas to meet up and follow a scenic route ending at Brixworth Country Park. More details to follow.
• * NEW * Sunday 5th July 2020: Silverstone Social Exclusive visit Fuzz Townshend’s Classic Oils at Bicester Heritage. SSCCM have a number of events planned for 2020 and this caught my eye. There are also two gatherings at Turweston Aerodrome (Sunday 22nd March and Sunday 11th October) together with events at various venues around the county. Check out ‘Silverstone Social Events’ on Facebook for more details.
Please let me know if you would like any further details on any of the above or if you are aware of other relevant events that others might be interested in attending.