Thought I would just send out some Info on the weekend planned for our club weekend away in Dumfries, there is still time to join us if you have not already booked your place by contacting the Cairndale Hotel quoting Midget & Sprite Club.
MASC North West Weekend in Dumfries 26th to 29th April 2019
Itinerary for the weekend. 26th April
(1) Meet up at Barton Grange Garden Centre on the A6 at 10am for coffee .
(2) After we will proceed on to forton when we will take the M6 to by pass Lancaster taking the Carnforth exit J35 re -joining the A6 passing though Milnthorp and on to Leaven Hall left onto the A590 . The right on to A5074 to Bowness on windermere. Take A592 towards Troutbeck follow to the Kirkstonpass Inn where we stop for lunch.
(3) 1hour break then follow A592 to Patterdale and Glenridding .
(4) Turn left at Ullswater & airs force A5019 passing Dockray at T junction turn right on to A66 then soon after left passing Sportsman Inn continue on to Slater Lonning, turn right the next left at
(5) T junction turn right then left on to B5305 follow to A5299 and turn Right on to Darlston Road Turn Left on to Peter Lane.
(6) At rounderbout take 3rd exit on to A689.
(7) Follow A689 to Gratna Green. Short Stop 30mins
(8) Leaveing take A75 follow to A780 and the you near the Cairndale Hotel. We have dinner booked in the hotel in the evening meet in the bar 7pm.
(9) Day Two 27th April.
(10) This is a free day there are many attraction in the area , Castel Kennedy Gardens. The Devils Porridge Museum, Dumfries Aviation Museum ,Glentrool Visitor centre or just take in a pub or two around Dumfries as I think it has many pubs.
(11) Day Three , Drive It Day.
(12) There is a North West 300 miles run , well we are Not doing all of it but I have a run of 153miles taking in the Solway coast to Portpatrick.
(13) Returning thought the Galloway Forest via Talnotry , New Galloway and Corsock to the Carindale Hotel for dinner again meeting in the bar for 7pm.
(14) After breakfast it is an easy day home , take a lazy day thought the lakes or even pay a visit to the Lakeland motor museum at Newbury Bridge the choice is yours
There is still time to book on this club weekend away or if you would like more info on this weekend do contact me .